ZoneAlarm network recognition?

Hi,

when installing ZoneAlarm (free version or not), it asks if I can trust my local network managed by my MN-700 router (192.168.0.x in my case). Because my broadband modem is connected to the router, should I answer "trusted zone" or not?

Also sometimes ZoneAlarm seems to get confused as, one or few reboots later, it also suddenly recognizes or sees my WAN address and, again, asks if it can be trusted or not.

What gives? Moist

Reply to
Moist
Loading thread data ...

Damned! Forget my question! I should've checked more carefully the newsgroup. It's just been answered few messages away by "Grinder and mhicaoidh"

"Moist" a écrit dans le message de news:RSbQc.1373$ snipped-for-privacy@weber.videotron.net...

Reply to
Moist

Taking a moment's reflection, Moist mused: | | Damned! Forget my question! | I should've checked more carefully the newsgroup. It's just been answered | few messages away by "Grinder and mhicaoidh"

Not so fast. ;-)

The other poster, if memory serves, was asking about his LAN IP range. If Zone Alarm is detecting a connection, then that is your "WAN" side connection, and should be in the Internet Zone. Go to your Firewall tab, and the connection with the inverted T symbol to the left of the name should be in the Internet Zone.

Reply to
mhicaoidh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.