ZoneAlarm 5.1.011 is out!

ZoneAlarm Pro

formatting link
ZoneAlarm with Antivirus

formatting link
ZoneAlarm Security Suite

formatting link

-- TO REPLY REMOVE THE "X" FROM MY DOMAIN NAME. =____________________________- ////// (____) RKBA _____| (/////___________________(_____| Giovanni Lentini (/ /( )/o/)_/)_/)_/)_/) (/ 0 /_\\__)) snipped-for-privacy@rkba.net (/ /) (/ /) (/ 0 /) (/____ /) =======

Reply to
Giovanni Lentini
Loading thread data ...

It is still a very average firewall.

Don

"Giovanni Lentini" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Don
*Giovanni Lentini* wrote: [some Zonealarm 5.1.011.000 links]

FYI: Still seems broken with IIS5 Win2K SP4 (+all patches) The bug that randomly blocks access to files on localhost does not seem to be fixed. E.g. intermittent serving failures on non-ASP files. Failures cascade until a connection with localhost is lost completely. Adding localhost to trusted zone doesn't help. Makes it a bit difficult to build web apps when you can't talk to the server running on the same box :-(

Just uninstalled 5.1.011 and rolled back to 4.5.538.001 and those problems have gone.

formatting link

Reply to
Andrew Urquhart

Which one would you recommend?

Reply to
Touche

Look'n Stop is a superior product IMHO!

formatting link

Reply to
Don

Lots of users in the ZoneLabs forum are having significant trouble with the

5x beta (and final release) upgrades. You might want to stick with 4.5 until they sound happier over there.
formatting link
4.5 is still working fine, and the upgrade is not urgent.

Ma No

Reply to
Ma No

After much trouble with 5.0 I've downloaded 5.1.011 and found it to be much improved, even over previous versions. I have a

128MB/PIII450/Win98SE system and even ZA4.5 seemed to use much resource and a high proportion of the processor time. This newest version seems to be much lighter in its use of machine resources. I'm happy with it (so far).
Reply to
Sam

Sam squirted these wordjisms deep inside the bumtube of the newstwat in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

I agree. The previous version was f***ed, this one works and dosn't spazz off.

Reply to
David Qunt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.