Zone Alarm Firewall and a home network

I installed a Linksys Router, and networked two (2) desktops and one (1) laptop computer to it. My desktop has an Epson Stylus C-84 Series printer attached to it. I've set it up where the other desktop and the laptop use my C-84 printer. I run a Zone Alarm Firewall but when I print something, I have to shut Zone Alarm down to get my printer to work because Zone Alarm prevents the print commands from getting to the printer. What do I have to do to get Zone Alarm Firewall to work with my network?

Reply to
Richard Robertson
Loading thread data ...

Did you allow your router into the "trusted zone" or did you keep it in the "internet zone?"

Reply to
Ryan P.

Is this a trick-question? ;-)

Really, please read your own text again. The solution is already in it.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

In case you hadn't noticed Volker does not like Zone Alarm Very much. What is probably happening is that you have not configured "Firewall/Zones" to accept the IP address of the other computer.

Depending on how your router is set up, you can probably specify a range, most likely 192.168.1.100 to 198.168.1.110 (typical of Linksys equipment) and place it in the trusted zone.

Remember that the computer trying to print on the printer on the other computer must have network privileges to access that printer.

Good luck

Reply to
Ajax

Also - From the command prompt you can type in "ipconfig /all" without the "" and it will give you the IP Address of your computer. Just in case you our your router are not using the range that I previously posted.

Reply to
Ajax

;-)

VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.