witch stations must be protect on a workgroup ?

Hi, On a small net " workgroup ", one PC is always connect to Internet and share the connection to the others PC (ICS). This machine is protect with ZA set to " High " internet zone security and Internet Connection Sharing is set to " This computer is an ICS/NAT gateway ". The others machines are also protect with ZA set to " High " internet zone security.

-Does the others PC on this net realy need to be protect by a Firewall

-or-

-It's just the PC that share the connection that have to be protect ? In the fact, when I test my protection with

formatting link
on the others PC on the net, the secutity level depend on what is the set on the PC who share the connection. Hope you will understand me, English is not my language... If you have adress were I can have exemple of how to protect a network.... Many thank's Pascal (beginner)

Reply to
FraPas
Loading thread data ...

"FraPas" wrote in news:410b599b$0$31415$ snipped-for-privacy@news.free.fr:

formatting link
If you don't have a reason not to get a NAT router, then you should get one and not use a MS O/S as a gateway device for the LAN and WAN, which cost about as much as ZA on a machine.

You can use ZA on each machine behind the router if you like, but some people don't do that and just go with the NAT router and a good AV.

formatting link
formatting link
Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Ok. Thank's Pascal

Reply to
FraPas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.