better explantion : i really want to surf the internet with my pocketpc

This one? |

formatting link

The only way you can connect between two wireless clients is using ad-hoc networking. My guess is that the PC is connected to the internet through some broadband connection. I'll also guess that you do NOT have a wireless access point or wireless router. You can share your internet connection if you setup ICS (Internet Connection Shareing) on your PC, and then setup AD-Hoc networking between the PocketPC and the PC. I'm not going to explain how to do this because I think it's a bad way to share a broadband connection.

I suggest you purchase a wireless router. My favorite of the week is Linksys WRT54G with Sveasoft firmware. The router will take care of your broadband connection and deal with the wireless clients. The PC just connects directly with an ethernet cable. Everything is done in Infrastructure mode and you do not need ICS or Ad-Hoc networking.

The English is fine, but the general lack of useful information isn't very helpful.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

i bought an msi wifi stick, that's whats they call this usb thing

i manged to somehow establish a conection between my pc and pocketpc but got the erroe this page canot be read on my pocket while trying to surf

sorry about the english, should have take those lessons

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 Beta 5 * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

formatting link

Reply to
bobby

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.