Why does my AntiVir??

Why does my AntiVir from Avira (Personal edition classic) seem to be sending a TON of stuff outbound? See this because my Kerio firewall shows it in the list of connections. Asking the Q because Kerio only started showing the red up arrow last week.

TIA Lou

Reply to
Lou
Loading thread data ...

Well, did you check the configuration?

So what about some real evidence? Kerio shows a lot of strange random stuff, just what a network error simulation tool is supposed to do.

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

Its not sending anything outbound.Antivir guard communicates via tcp/ip protocol on localhost address (127.0.0.1) only.Its basically talking to your own computer.Of course updates and notifier has internet connection.Do not worry about the antivir guard local host connections...it is normal and how antivir works. me

Reply to
bassbag

formatting link

Reply to
bassbag

Yes

Its a FireWall Both directions.

Reply to
Lou

It's a packet filter at best, and it randomly throws error and useless messages. Utterly useless. Even "netstat" gives a better clue of what's going on, and what about running a packet sniffer?

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

"Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall 4 is called the best personal firewall security software in the roundup by PC Magazine."

Reply to
Lou

Seriously, you do NOT want to get into this discussion.

Reply to
prophet

Only reason I mentioned the quote is cause I do not understand "It's a packet filter at best,"

Lou

Reply to
Lou

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.