Watchguard default network

Would it be a good idea to change the network address in a new firebox install?

I believe the default is 192.168.111.1 .

THanks

Reply to
Dwight
Loading thread data ...

Is there a site that shows what IP ranges are considered local ranges?

Also, Leythos how does one contact your business for future help.

Thanks.

Reply to
Dwight

John

Reply to
John Mason Jr

I try and never use the default address of any vendors products as it opens one to exploits targeting the default installs - as exampled by the Linksys exploit that only worked if the router was left at the default network address.

I have FB units running 10.0.0.0/8, 10.0.0.0/24, 192.168.3.0/24,

192.168.5.0/24, 192.168.7.0/24, and many others. When it comes to a setup using multiple locations (remote offices) I like to use the 192.168.X.0/24 scheme to isolate them and then do the IPSec tunnels and FB rules to map only what's needed to the main office.
Reply to
Leythos

If you don't mind doing it in Usenet, it's free. If you want one of my team to setup the unit or help with your network build you would have to email me (see the sig below) and then we could arrange something.

I would rather help in Usenet unless you really need a onsite/consultation as I like to give back to the Usenet community for all it's given me over the 20 years I've participated in it.

Feel free to contact me - by the way, if it's just a little time we've helped many people with WG firewalls via email without charge.

For a list of IP's considered private and understanding of subnets:

formatting link
It's best if you determine your physical networks, by secure areas, first, then start mapping your IP's.

Reply to
Leythos

Most of the time I don't mind Usenet, though I'm always looking for a strong networking person I can contact, when I need immediate help.

I've tried your sig and I always get a bounce back.

Thanks

Reply to
Dwight

I will try again from another email account. Still get a bounce, 550 error.

I didn't plan for you to put your modified email address for the world to see. Usenet isn't new to me, but you had no idea of know that. ;)

Thanks

Reply to
Dwight

It's snipped-for-privacy@rrohio.com (you have to remove the 999 as it instructs)

I just tested it from two locations and it's worked both times - you can't use the reply button, you have to enter the actual address as indicated below. Most posters that have been around long enough don't use a real email address in the header as it gets harvested by bots and then causes no end to spam.

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.