VPN/WatchGuard/Port 25445

Good day all,

Warning, I am a layman. I am a software developer trying to get a mobile VPN to communicate through TCP port 25445 and UDP ports

25701/25445. The network consultant hooked up the VPN and said it is up to me to get my application working.

I have a flashfiler server on the client server. We are connecting via Verizon mobile cell card. That part works. The VPN client is WatchGuard. The VPN appears to work, I am able to ping the server

192.168.1.180. But my client/server database is not able to communicate with the database engine. I am wondering if it has something to do with the ports.

The network consultant said that the WatchGuard Firebox III is setup to open those ports.

I also noticed that when I ping the server it "wakes up" the VPN connection and it connects but when I start my application, it does not "wake up" the VPN connection. I get around this for test purposes by pinging the server then trying to connect to the database.

Any information/help would be greatly appreciated!

-Markus

Reply to
driftingsands
Loading thread data ...

If you ping and it connects then it's working like it's suppose to, but that doesn't mean he's got the rules (firewall) right.

Ask him to monitor the real-time traffic in HOST WATCH and see if your connections are being denied - it's very easy to tell.

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.