VPN 2K and XP

Hi im new to the group and hope someone can help.

I am trying to setup a simple (unsecure!) PPTP VPN between an XP Pro machine and a 2K domain through a Watchguard firebox (It provides the authenication). The other day i setup the client connection and then walked across the street to starbucks. I could connect just fine, could ping/sync outlook, etc. That day i tried from my house. It didnt work. The progess showed that it connected just fine, but when i looked at the LAN Status it showed that it was sending packets like normal, not receiving them. It got to about 500 Packets received and stopped--but kept sending.

I thought it over and figured out one difference. When the VPN connection worked, the computer wasnt shutdown, it went into hibernation. I was in the office connected to the domain.

When i tried it from home the computer was completely off. I turned it on and tried the VPN with no luck.

I figure that its a DNS issue but am unsure whats going on.

thanks!

Reply to
jmmorin
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.