VPN for Wireless

I am wanting to start using my PDA on public wireless networks and ensure traffic is secure.

Best way I figure is to put a VPN in at home and VPN from my PDA to it so all traffic is secure.

Few questions though.

Are there any (cheapish) VPN appliances which would run and allow me to connect back to home from a remote wireless network and send ALL traffic including web browsing via it? I believe most split-tunnel which I don't want.

Also, there will be no server running at home, I just want to VPN in to use my home internet connection to access the net.

Is this possible? And could anyone make any suggestions on product?

I really like Linksys kit but not sure if their kit is up to the job for this.

Thanks

Reply to
K
Loading thread data ...

Yes.

What PDA and what OS are you using?

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

I am buying a new PDA - a Dell Axim X51v with Windows Mobile 5 on it.

Reply to
K

formatting link
Hm... ;-)

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

I know there are variouss software solutions for WM, but it is the hardware that will sit on my home network I am curious about. Or if there are any

3rd parties which will allow me net access over their network using VPN.
Reply to
K

This may or may not help you.

formatting link
There are only two kinds of VPN solutions hardware to hardware or software to software that I know about. I don't think you can go hardware to software with a VPN solution or some piece hardware that's going to sit on your network.

Duane :)

formatting link

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.