VNC versions and features

Is there a version of VNC that can display the entire remote screen in reduced size, so you can load up your screen with an array of remote screens?

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso
Loading thread data ...

Taking a moment's reflection, Tom Del Rosso mused: | | Is there a version of VNC that can display the entire remote screen in | reduced size, so you can load up your screen with an array of remote | screens?

I believe all versions have the ability to scale the screen. Real and TightVNC scale by "fraction" (i.e. 1/4, 1/2, or 7/8) ... UltraVNC can scale by percentage or fraction.

Reply to
mhicaoidh

Thanks. I knew I had seen it. But I took another look at the viewer in action and I still don't see the option, then I googled and found this:

formatting link
So they actually dropped the feature! The problem then is that I'm always using the "real" thing, but now I'll try Ultra.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Taking a moment's reflection, Tom Del Rosso mused: | | So they actually dropped the feature! The problem then is that I'm always | using the "real" thing, but now I'll try Ultra.

Seems strange that they dropped it. Honestly, I haven't used RealVNC since v3.3.6 ... which is when I discovered UltraVNC. File transfers, encryption via plugin, and MS Logon authentication ... and still free! ;-)

Reply to
mhicaoidh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.