VelociRaptor Firewall donated to school - having trouble getting it running

I work for a Christian School. Someone donated a Cobalt/Axent/Symantec Velociraptor Firewall appliance to us...

When I turn it on, it looks like it is booting up, but then it stops, and the following is displayed on the LCD: Symantec Gateway Starting...

I am unable to access it at all.

It came with a CD in the Symantec Yellow cover.

I booted from that CD and then booted the Firewall from the network...It looked like the HDD was reimaged...

After rebooting, however, I was right back to the previous screen...

I thought, based on some pictures in the documentation that it was an

1100. When I was restoring the appliance, however, it was saying that it was installing the 1200 image.

I think that maybe the person that donated it imaged it with the wrong image, and then, when they couldn't get it squared away, they donated it to us and gave us the same CD...

I have learned that this appliance is basically a Cobalt RaQ4 server (without the SCSI and USB interface, and with 2 extra NICs) running Linux 2.2 and Raptor 6.5...

So...Anyone have a reimage CD for a VelociRaptor 1100? Anyone have any experience with these appliances, or with RaQ4s? Does someone have some other advice? Thanks for any help you can give...

Reply to
ShadwSrch
Loading thread data ...

I have worked on the 1100. The first thing I am thinking is that you

*want* to increase the base to the 1200 or whatever is the current running image. The package is downloadable and the net-booted just like the process you briefly describe. Second, I am thinking about the LCD parameters that might need to be entered/changed to establish some ethernet connectivity or other primary information. This is an out-of-date system, but still usable I believe.
Reply to
Gregory W Zill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.