Trend Micro Licenses

I currently own multiple valid licenses for Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2004 that are over a year old. One of the licenses was installed on my system and it has now expired. I would like to uninstall my current copy and use one of the older valid license for a fresh install rather than paying for an update. First of all is this legal? I would like to think so, but I don't know for sure.

Next, how can I do this? I attempted to uninstall the version I had on my PC and this included manually deleting the directory and all registry entries that I thought pertained to the program. When I then reinstalled a fresh copy I was still getting the message that my license had expired and I needed to pay for the update. If what I want to do is legal, then what I am missing to completly remove it from my system? The folder I deleted was the defualt installation folder and all of the registry entries I deleted were done by searching for "Trend Micro".

Thanks, Jeremy Olmstead

Reply to
Jeremy Olmstead
Loading thread data ...

Follow this KB article, it should enable you to remove all traces of PCC.

When exactly did you get this message that your license had expired? Did you try to register first? The problem you're probably having is that your license # is known in the PCC data base and when you try to register or update, it sees that # has expired. There isn't anything

*you* can do to fix that.

It's not like NAV, where you can take a copy of NAV 2003 and drag it around from computer to computer, getting another year of free updates each time.

If you don't care about the error message, ignore them and manually download updates to the signature files from Trend's website.

Reply to
optikl

formatting link
Sorry

Reply to
optikl

optikl wrote in news:6didnbE5qoA snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Actually I get the message immediately after the install. This license code is for 25 computers and when I do a clean install on a machine that has never had it installed before it works fine (this is using the same license code). BTW, which KB article are you refering to?

Thanks, Jeremy Olmstead

Reply to
Jeremy Olmstead

optikl wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I tried this and it still didn't work. It didn't even delete the default directory it was installed in. It only left log files, but I am looking to compeletely wipe my system of it, but there is something still there that is causing it to know it had been previously installed. Any other suggestions?

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Olmstead

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.