No sufficient licenses installed for SmartView Monitor modules.

Dear Group,

on a Nokia IP330 firewall, I have just started a fresh installation of the Check Point software (SmartConsole R54). In the beginning, I used the trial license (valid for just 15 days) and everything worked perfectly, disregarding the nag screen of course.

I got a license for the Check Point software and installed it. That was six days ago and I haven't touched the firewall since. Today, I wanted to change some firewall rules in the policy, but when I go the SmartDashboard and want to save the new rules, I get errors after the installation process:

Installation failed! > > If you do not intend to use SmartView Monitor, please uncheck > this product from your GW(s) > No sufficient licenses installed for SmartView Monitor modules.

So my first guess was that the license I got was not sufficient enough for the SmartView Monitor. I logged in to the Nokia Voyager page and went to "Config" > "Manage Installed Packages". The following packages are installed:

Security Applications: > > Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG > > Applications: > > Check Point Policy Server NG > Check Point SmartView Monitor > Check Point SVN Foundation NG

So I disabled the SmartView Monitor (don't need it that much anyway) and deleted it. To be sure, I rebooted the Nokia (as Voyager suggested).

Now, Voyager does not mention the SmartView Monitor anymore. But still, in SmartDashboard, I get the same errors.

Can anybody help me or give me a suggestion? I probably overlooked something silly, but it is getting very frustrating and it blocks the rest of my work.

Thank you in advance, kind greetings,

Wim Deprez

Reply to
wim
Loading thread data ...

As the hint told you: Open the firewall object in SmartDashboard, on "General Properties" check the installed packages (e.g. "Firewall", "VPN", "QoS"). Scroll down to "SmartView Monitor" and uncheck it.

Checkpoint enables a lot of functionality with their demo keys, but you have to pay for a lot of additionals, when in real working mode.

Regards,

Reply to
Hartmut Beyer

I managed to disable the "SmartView Monitor" by going to "Manage" >

"Network Objects" > (select the firewall) > "Edit..." and unchecked the unlicensed package.

Thank you for your help, with kind greetings,

Wim Deprez

Reply to
wim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.