SonicWall Pro 330

As with all firewall appliances and home based cheap routers you should be able to by just hitting the reset button in the back and hold it in for like 20 seconds. that will reset to factory defaults.

Reply to
Joe
Loading thread data ...

all

does anyone know how to reset the admin password for this unit (purchased used)?

thank you for any tips.

Reply to
Rich
  1. Turn off the SonicWall and disconnect all cables to the network
  2. Locate the recessed Reset Switch on the back panel of the SonicWall
  3. Press and hold the Reset Switch and then apply power to the SonicWall. Once the Test LED starts to flash, let go of the Reset Switch.

Hope this helps.

Chris++

Reply to
Christophe Spaggiari

Chris, thanks....should do the trick......will the reset button clear any config files for the LAN.....I'm doing this sorta blind as the previous admin didn't make many notes and the manual is no where to be found...now I'm on the hook to get it setup straight.

rich

Reply to
Rich

Yep,

This is what the manual is saying : "Once the firmware is erased, new firmware must be loaded, and the sonicwall must be reconfigured"

After applying this procedure you get a clean appliance like it was when coming from the factory.

I don't think there is any ways of cleaning the admin password without losing the rest of the config.

Chris++

This is going to clean the full memory.

Reply to
Christophe Spaggiari

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.