Something to analyze Kiwi syslogd logs

Is there any (free) tool available for analyzing log files generated by Kiwi SyslogD? Something that would produce nice (HTML) stats just like the ones for web servers (plus resolve the IPs and ports if available)?

Reply to
level13
Loading thread data ...

You may or may not find it for Kiwi free anyway you can search Google. You can dump the Kiwi logs into a database table like SQL Server, Access or others and use a report writer like Crystal Reports or others and produce reports from the logs that can be viewed online.

What device or solution is Kiwi capturing the logs from? Maybe, you can use another log viewer that can give you what you're looking for that analyses logs.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

I agree with the questions from Duane. What is the device. Just because you have a syslog does not mean that the data inside the syslog can be magically parsed. Everyone's logging syntax is completely different, and I do mean everyone's.

Reply to
Munpe Q

The device is home router/firewall. Log entry format is as follows:

yyyy-mm-dd HH:mm:ss Local7.Debug routers_IP Unrecognized attempt blocked from some_foreign_IP:portNo to my_outside_IP UDP(orTCP):portNo

Reply to
level13

We dump ours to a sql database and use Crystal Reports.

Reply to
T. Sean Weintz

Is the router in the list?

formatting link

Reply to
Duane Arnold

It's a Level One product, but neither of those two mentioned on the page...

Reply to
level13

You can always make contact with Wallwatcher author and have him implement the logs from the product you're using. WatchGuard SOHO 6 wasn't in the solution until recently and I was using KiWi too. If you make contact with him, he may be able to implement the logs in his solution.

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.