Secure subnets and bandwidth control

Ng,

This is my situation:

In my office building we have an incoming fiber with 3 fixed IP addresses from our ISP. We have 3 offices that need 'secure' networks. The different offices should not be able to browse each others networks. Furthermore, I need to restrict the bandwidth on each network. I want office 1 to have 2 mb/sec, office 2 to have 1 mb/se etc.

Any suggestions on products, techniques, how-to's, resources etc.

At present, only one office is connected (with linux IPcop as firewall/router). Like this:

| | ISP | | IPcop | | office_1

Do I need one 'master' router with bandwidth restriction capabilities on top of five subnet routers/switches? Sounds bizarre to me, but I'm only a newbie... Like this:

| ISP | ---MASTER_router---- | | | SUB SUB SUB router1 router2 router3 | | | office1 office2 office3

There must be some all-in-one box that does this?

Reply to
petersson
Loading thread data ...

Are these like three separate companies, and you are the landlord?

Any firewall can do that

That's possible - the terms are 'rate limiting' or 'throttling'

formatting link

-rw-rw-r-- 1 gferg ldp 297491 Sep 4 2003 Adv-Routing-HOWTO

formatting link
2. Linux Consultants Guide
formatting link
That guide lists 30 companies in Sweden who will be happy to set this up.

| ISP | Interface 1 *nix box of some kind NIC 1 NIC 2 NIC 3 | | | office1 office2 office3

Sure - ask the consultant.

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin

Implement a zone concept, i.e. the classical three zone concept will do. Implement the DMZ as an encrypted VPN.

This is not a security related topic. Please ask about traffic shaping in an appropriate group.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.