Recommend a firewall - small footprint

Hi Can anyone recommend a free Firewall that preferably is rule based and only has a small footprint. I would like something that handles fragmented packets. (see the recent threads about Kerio 2.1.5.) I am presently using the latest Kerio, which I think is good, but it take a large slice of memory.

Thanks

Seasons greetings to all.

John

Reply to
Personal
Loading thread data ...

If you want a traditional software firewall you might try Filseclab. Rule based with the usual features. Here is a link:

formatting link
Another possibility is Jetico, although it is more annoying with a lot of popups until you get it tamed:

formatting link
Yet another light one is SensiveGuard. Link here also:

formatting link
All of the above are free and fairly light, much lighter than the newer Kerio 4.xx incarnations. More on the par of Kerio 2.

Reply to
Kerodo

Kerodo wrote on 23/12/2005 :

Thanks I have tried within the last week Filseclab. I liked it very much but it used twice the mmory of the current Kerio, which itself is quite large. I had to uninstalled it, which was sad. Will have a look at the others. Greatly appreciated Thanks John

Reply to
Personal

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.