Question about Outpost firewall security password !

Hello,

I am testing the firewall outpost,

I have to detect a small problem of safety: i.e. when I puts a passwords It is of course impossible to modify the configurations but when a new program tries to reach Internet it is possible to authorize the program without having to enter the password.

It is in the same way possible to Uninstall the program without authorization (passwords).

It is not very protected, because people not knowing the problem which it could has there to see with the malicious program, could by inadvertency authorize the access to the network of these dangerous programs.

I used "Zone Alarm Pro" which is made safe, each request for program access to the network , is conditioned at the entry of the good password . just as the uninstallation . but zone alarm is very avid resource, this is why I wanted to pass to another system of firewall .

The problem could it be due to my configuration or is this a limitation of program ?

Many thanks in avance

Jack Ps : sorry 4 my English

Reply to
TheFox
Loading thread data ...

Interesting. Does the actual versions have the flaw, too, that Windows are opened by System-Services, which makes your computer possibly vulnerable to privilege elevation attacks?

Are they still opening ridiculous popups all the time?

Makes Outpost your PC still vulnerable to a SeflDoS attack?

Can it still be disabled easily by local malware?

We tested version Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro 2.5, and it was one of the worst.

Unfortunately, this is wrong. "Zone Alarm" is "phoning home" itself, doing exactly the thing it is sold to you for preventing.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.