Print shareing with Symantec Client firewall

Reply to
Teddybare
Loading thread data ...

I'm trying to setup a shared printer on one of my machines on my network but I think that Symantec client firewall (current version

8.6) is blocking the connection. I am able to connect to a shared directory on the machine.

I haven't had time to research the problem so I'm asking for suggestions you might have available.

Thanks

Jeff

Reply to
JSS

Why do you want to do host based filtering in your LAN at all? I hope, the gateway into the internet is filtering, is it?

Then I think, you will not want host based filtering extra, because to handle this securely, you need much know how, and it's only necessary if you're assuming, that there can be attacks from inside also.

Of course, if you're fearing for i.e. worm attacks from inside, then host based filtering can help. But what is your concept against malware?

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Thanks, very informative. I will try your suggestions soon as I can. LOL

Jeff

Reply to
JSS

Have you turned on "printer sharing"? Control panel / network / click on "File and Print sharing" "I want to be able to allow others to print to my printer" Did you run the "network" wizard in Symantec firewall program?

Reply to
DanR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.