Re: Firefox.exe is always trying to connect to fxfeeds.mozilla.org

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 02:25:49 GMT, Fred Wilson asked:

Every single time I start FireFox 1.0 on WinXP SP2 > I get this message from my Sygate Personal Firewall program: > > Sygate Personal Firewall 12/25/2004 23:59.18 > Firefox (firefox.exe) is trying to connect to fxfeeds.mozilla.org > [207.126.111.203] using remote port 89 (HTTP - World Wide Web). > Do you want to allow this program to access the network? > > How do we tell Firefox to STOP trying to connect every > day to fxfeeds.mozilla.org? > > I don't see any settings to turn this off. > I update my browser software when I want (not every day!). > > The closest option I can find in the FireFox menu selection > Tools->Options->Advanced- is Software Update > (which I turned off ages ago to no avail). > > Does EVERY firefox browser in the world connect to > fxfeeds.mozilla.org EVERY time the browser is brought up? > > a) Isn't that wasteful of Internet bandwidth? > b) What function does this automatic check serve? > c) How can we turn this wastefull useless check off?

The solution is dastardly and non intuitively simple.

But, so rarely does a software program have such an obvious and unnaturally easy solution that almost nobody knows the solution to your problem.

Most people don't even realize Mozilla connects to fxfeeds every time it starts up!

The solution is NOT in the menus nor is it in any of the options or other settings (even under privacy or bookmarks or tools, etc.). The only solution is to right click on the news menu item itself and select "delete".

It's so simple, it's actually hard to find.

Reply to
Teleo Customer Support
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.