Outpost i VISTA

Hello, with OS Win XP I have used Outpost 4.0. Now with OS Vista I see Outpost isn't propared... Could You help me in good firewall for vISTA? Regards

Reply to
Max
Loading thread data ...

The Vista FW/packet filter can do everything any 3rd party solution can do and more.

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

Thank You, I know, but I in Vista i don't have so goot configuration for setiing. Realy the Vista FW/packet filter can do evrything? How manually set configuation for ports, directions, etc?

Reply to
Max

formatting link

You should read the article below, and then I suggest that you use Google and find other articles that are going to tell you how to use the various features of the Vista firewall/packet filter.

formatting link

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

(...)

Thank You very much. Realy, I must read about it... and last question: are there eny presetting (rules) for Vista FW/packet filter? Can I import standard setup? Can I set lerning mode and close mode?

Reply to
Max

I believe the default rules are to allow all outbound, unless you block all outbound and then create rules for the outbound services you do need. I don't think Vista has some kind of learning mode. But there is some kind of

3rd party solution that allows you to set FW rules easily along with some other features the solution has..

You can check a post to MS.Public.Windows.Vista.General and Security NG(s) at msnews.microsoft.com and someone may be able to give you more information.

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.