OUTBOUND FILTERING AND BIT TORRENT bitlord

real mature.

Reply to
Hexalon
Loading thread data ...

to answer your original question to setup bitlord for connections to outside peers u need to set up port forwarding on your router or port filtering as u called it. your specific torrenting client uses ports

8075 for both tcp and udp protocol but ur overall problem with peers is actually ur client. the bitlord client is not exactly favorable to most trackers because it allows you to adjust your ratio. some trackers actually require a minimum ratio to download from them so it really is important to upload as much as u download. i would suggest changing clients to possible azuerus or utorrent. I would recommend utorrent for its ease of use and some tracker sites even have tutorials for use with it. If you are stuck on using bitlord for whatever reason my suggestion would most certainly not allow all tcp connections to be port forwarded to you because that would basically make the firewall useless but enabling some features on bitlord may fix your connections problem.

and if for whatever reason you are using bitlord because you do want to be able to edit your ratio status you can also download a program called greedytorrent which will allow you to adjust your ratio for your most probably bandwidth limited upload problems. Hope this helps you

Reply to
blackfire932

This is not actually true . It is a common misconception. BitTorrents will work fine with just OUTBOUND TCP connections (try it). It is RECOMMENDED (but not REQUIRED) that you set up TCP port forward at your router to the listening TCP torrent port for faster service.

Reply to
navti

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.