norton & xp home

Ok,

I guess the newbie in me is starting to show through. I'm in the process of setting up my new computer. Here are a few specs that may be important:

The OS is XP Home I use Outlook Express as my mail server I have Cable Internet I use Norton Internet Security with Firewall & Anti-virus

So, the problem...............

I can't open attachments on my email. So far, I have been unable to access ..eml & .jpg attachments.

I've gone to tools and have changed my security setting to Internet Zone less secure but that did nothing.

I'm NOT familiar with Firewalls so basically I'm pretty dumb about the whole thing.

Assistance please!

Susan

Reply to
Susan Peplow
Loading thread data ...

In Outlook Express, under Tools/Options/Security/, there is a box that says "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus". Make sure that this box is unchecked. Your Anti-virus software should take care of this option.

DDDD

Reply to
DDDD

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.