Norton IS problem when un/reinstalling tcpip?

A couple of days ago I had a 'WAN Miniport (IP) #2' conflict/problem which meants I had to un and re install tcp/ip and then manually remove a Wan Miniport IP #2 entry from the registry.

All that fixed my loggin problem I was having with my ISP perfectly. But since then it seems my Norton IS has stopped working...all the settings are as they were, but I'm getting popups and Flash things on all the webpages I visit, and when I look in the log/statistics files, it is clear Norton IS hasn't stopped/blocked a single thing. But according to Norton everything is fine.

Is this a known problem? I can totally uninstall/reinstall Norton IS and Virus if need be, but that's a bit of a hass. If I need to do that, will that effect my current subscription, or does it still know my details and keep my subscription valid?

Thanks for any info.

S.

Reply to
Scott Shannon
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.