NetScreen Client VPN Configure

Hi All

Has anyone configure WIndows XP to VPN with a Juniper firewall using not using Netscreen-remote. In effect just using the XP's built client VPN features.

Thanks

Stephen

Reply to
news.iol.ie
Loading thread data ...

Yes, it's possible. I have it working - but it was a PITA, mostly because XP uses it's own terminology and hides anything that might be useful for diagnostics.

I expect it would be easier if the client had a static IP, but when the client IP is dynamic you _must_ use certificates for IKE authentication. I used OpenSSL as my CA.

Sorry, I can't give you the recipe - I spent hours of trial and error getting it to work, my notes are messy, and I don't have time to repeat the process and document it. However, if you have questions along the way I'll try to help - especially if you document the recipe :-)

Googling 'openssl netscreen' will help too.

Triffid

Reply to
Triffid

Hi

Yes I will document this as I go. Did you use an autokey (IKE) or did you use L2TP?

Regards

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen

AutoKey IKE with Dialup as the remote gateway type.

Triffid

Reply to
Triffid

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.