Kerio 4.3.246 don't start at startup

Hi everyone. I've installed the last version of this firewall, but I don't understand why it doesn't start at windows startup. I've to run it manually. I've also tried to put a start string in HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run, calling the same file I use to launch manually the application, but it doesn't work.

I will appreciate any help....

Many thanks!

MbMax

Reply to
MbMax
Loading thread data ...

MbMax ha scritto:

I've already check for this procedure founded in this NG:

- right-click Kerio-icon in systemtray

- choose 'Administration'

- tab 'Miscellaneous'

- option 'Firewall Engine Service'

- choose 'Start Firewall Engine Automatically on Windows Startup'

...but using right-click on systemtray the menu which appears is different, and isn't present an option for setting options.

Bye

MbMax

Reply to
MbMax

They seem to be making a mess of Kerio now. If you really need to run it, I'd revert back to previous versions. Either 4.2.3.912 or prior.

Reply to
Kerodo

Kerodo ha scritto:

Thank you very much. This version does work perfectly ;-)

Bye

MbMax

Reply to
MbMax

I wondered about this too, but when I check my security monitor with McAfee it tells me that I am being protected by Kerio Personal Firewall even if I don't launch it after booting the system.

Are you folks saying it doesn't work unless I start the Kerio program from the START MENU? I doubt that, but it could be true. It runs in the background from booting, right?

Ned

Reply to
Ned Goudy

Try logging on as a user with administator rights and see if Kerio starts up, then log off and log on as the normal user and see if it then starts up. Odd but it works for me.

Reply to
Martin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.