Is anyone's Customer Support worse than SonicWall?

Just asking because my experience with Sonic Wall over the last few days has been horrendous. And I was just trying to buy and upgrade. I would hate to try them when I had an actual technical issue.

Reply to
hemojr
Loading thread data ...

Perhaps you should buy something else then... Checkpoint and Cisco seem to be outsourcing their tech support now and have gotten worse. Cisco TAC used to be great too....

Scott R. Haven Sr. Systems Engineer Managed Security Services Paisley Systems, Inc.

formatting link

Reply to
Scott R. Haven

Huh? I have had very good luck with them.

What product were you asking for support with? buy and upgrade what? remember, they have different support teams. Their low end folks (tzxxx firewalls, soho firewalls, etc) ain't so hot from what I hear. The high end team (enhanced OS, 3060, 4060, etc) is good, though.

Reply to
A$$HAT FOYBUCKER

AFAIK Check Point is not outsourcing their technical support. At least not the small business tech support, that's certain.

Reply to
TechGrrl

Hello,

Traditionally I had very few issues with SonicWall's support and sales process. However there have been several times lately where I have been so unhappy with the support we are looking at alternative products from different vendors like Netscreen (very good support on the devices we already have with them) and Fortinet (which has superb presales support but we have not tested their support structure yet).

Reply to
Johhny

I work for a reseller that has been at times the largest NetScreen reseller in Canada and at other times the largest Fortinet reseller in Canada. Drop me an email if you want to talk specifics of either one. (you have to de-mung my email address to send)

Right now, NetScreen's tech support has gotten very bad, not anything like what it was 2 years ago.

Fortinet's I'd rate as reasonably good -- they escalate more rapidly and escalated calls recieve better attention, first level staff are farily competant.

Having a good relationship with a high end (ie, capable) reseller can help, because they can assist with resolution of difficult issues, especially if you're a decent sized operation. Or for really difficult issues or deign/implementation you can just hire them out to help.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.