IPCOP and proxy logs

Hi

I've installed IPCOP on a PC and have installed the advproxy add-on, which has been configured to use local accounts. Unfortunately, they proxy log only shows the source IP address (which, in my case, will always be the IP address of my switch/router). Is there any way to tell IPCOP to display the local user? The configuration is to have the username/password entered when someone uses the internet. Also the setup is as follows:

cable modem > IPCOP PC > Linksys Wireless Router > clients

Reply to
ABC
Loading thread data ...

I also use IPCOP and my understanding of the setup you have is that the IPCOP box only knows about 1 ip and that is your router. I suspect that your router is using NAT to change the ips of your clients to a commen one that is then forwarded to your IPCOP. Try removing the router and replace it with a switch.

Simon

Reply to
SimpleSimon

X-No-Archive: Yes

In news:d744ei$hv3$ snipped-for-privacy@nntp0.reith.bbc.co.uk, ABC typed || Hi || || I've installed IPCOP on a PC and have installed the advproxy add-on, || which has been configured to use local accounts. Unfortunately, they || proxy log only shows the source IP address (which, in my case, will || always be the IP address of my switch/router). Is there any way to || tell IPCOP to display the local user? The configuration is to have || the username/password entered when someone uses the internet. Also || the setup is as follows: || || cable modem > IPCOP PC > Linksys Wireless Router > clients

You should be asking this question in the ipcop support forum

formatting link

Reply to
Robert de Brus

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.