I have a problem with my fire wall

hi, I'am using firebox for my firewall.My problem is that i want to connect to a system in domain in side a firewall from outside using a VPN.Using VPN I'm able to connect(what I mean is that I did not get any connection problem or error) but I'm not able to ping the system that I want to connect but I'm able to ping my production server only.What may be the problem .

Reply to
vikas
Loading thread data ...

Once you setup the VPN you still need to create rules for that VPN User/Office network or you won't get anywhere on the LAN.

Reply to
Leythos

Hi Vikas,

Which Version of IOS are you runing on Firebox500

After connwecting the VPn you still have to open the internal Ip for external users.

CK

vikas wrote:

Reply to
CK

The firebox devices don't run IOS.

He was already told that the VPN still requires you to map rules for internal access.

Reply to
Leythos

So that means Firebox does not need anykind of OS or Firmware to be installed on hardware box.It is running without the base. Go through for details:

formatting link

CK

Leythos wrote:

Reply to
CK

I associate IOS with Cisco, not WatchGuard or other Linux/BSD firmware system.

Reply to
Leythos

The system you ping is blocking ICMP.

Reply to
Boger

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.