Help!!! Go to Internet Checkpoint Problem

I am currently implementing Hide Mode NAT on Checkpoint NG for my internal network and for the rules, I set these as follows:

Source Destination Service Action Firewall Any Any Accept Internal Network Any Any Accept Any Any Any Drop

I also set up Add Automatic Address Translation rules for the Internal Network and Hide behind Firewall External interface IP.

(1)I tried to log on to Firewall and go to Internet, and it does not work, but in Windows 2000 Server, when I unchecked the Checkpoint Point VPN-1/Firewall-1 Service option under My Network Place\\{Firewall Network Card Properties}, it works. I would think I already set up the policy for allowing Firewall to go anywhere, I wonder why it cannot go to Internet.

(2)Also, how can I trouble these problems as I have no way for Internal Network to go outside. I tried to ping from the Firewall to the ISP gateway and it works, but when I tried to ping from Firewall to yahoo's ip, it results in Request timed out.

Any Comment is appreciated!!!

Reply to
tsaolimkei
Loading thread data ...

Hire a skilled consultant to set that up for you. You payed quite some money for the checkpoint and your attempts show that even the basics are far beyond your skills. So getting professional help seems the only way to get this running.

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Kueter

I would suggest if you are nto that good with Checkpoint to try using the SPLAT install instead of a win2k server install as it is a littel bit easier and takes most of the OS out of the equation. Just a suggestion. You can get the splat install by booting your Check Point disk.

Deceptocon

Reply to
deceptocon

I say that's what you get for buying a Checkpoint.

Reply to
Munpe Q

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.