Checkpoint - NAT Help

Scenario: Firewall:206.*.*.194(External)/192.*.*.80(Internal) Server1:206.*.*.221(External)/192.*.*.247(Internal)(Translated through firewall)

All internal computers are hidden behind the firewall with addresses of

192.*.*.*

I can ping the Server1's internal IP from any computer, but when I ping it's external IP, I sometimes get 1 reply from Server1's internal IP of

192.*.*.247. Basically, I get no connection to Server1's external IP from any computer on the internal network. From the outside, I do have full access to Server1's external IP.

Is there anyway I can set up a route/rule/whatever to make the internal computers be able to access the Server1's external IP?

Thanks in Advance, Craig craig at qualitymetalcraft.com

Reply to
cds879
Loading thread data ...

Thank you for the reply, We do actually have fw1(ver 4.1). I'm afraid I do not know what NG is.

Does this mean it is still possible?

Thanks

Reply to
cds879

cds879 wrote: : Scenario: : Firewall:206.*.*.194(External)/192.*.*.80(Internal) : Server1:206.*.*.221(External)/192.*.*.247(Internal)(Translated through : firewall)

: All internal computers are hidden behind the firewall with addresses of : 192.*.*.*

: I can ping the Server1's internal IP from any computer, but when I ping : it's external IP, I sometimes get 1 reply from Server1's internal IP of : 192.*.*.247. Basically, I get no connection to Server1's external IP : from any computer on the internal network. From the outside, I do have : full access to Server1's external IP.

: Is there anyway I can set up a route/rule/whatever to make the internal : computers be able to access the Server1's external IP?

If the natted server is on the same LAN as the internal computers then you cannot to this in NG and greater versions. You could do this in pre-NG versions of fw1 (4.1, 4.0, etc..).

Lars

Reply to
larstr

No NG means Next Generation. Basically, something we'll see in the future ;-)

R.

Reply to
Richard Collard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.