FYI - ZoneAlarm won't block IE!!!!

FYI

Setting ZoneAlarm to block IE in the normal way will NOT prevent IE from accessing the internet!!

Reply to
DB
Loading thread data ...

anything that zone alarm does block is purely coincidental and not a result of any policies that are set.

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

Am I vulnerable even though I have ZA Sec Suite? Any suggestions?

Reply to
DB

if you are on a broadband connection you probably have a router of some description, most routers have a NAT function and a firewall function, enable both of these and your computer will be protected and you won't need ZA. If you don't currently have a router you can invest in a cheap one, just ask the salesperson for a router that does NAT and has basic firewall features. This however won't let you block per application.. why not just uninstall applications you don't trust?

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

This isn't a trust issue. It's an FYI issue. It should block IE when you set it to but for some reason the ZA people thought it would be OK to let IE just slip by anyway, and not give the user a choice. We all just love it so much when software producers take that kind of initiative.

DB

Reply to
DB

Strange, my zone alarm blocks IE - but then, I'm currently on version

1. Shneor

Reply to
Shneor

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.