ftp and wildcard commands don't work through SonicWall?

We are having an odd problem the past few days where any ftp command that uses a wildcard ( * ) fails.

We have a Sonicwall (running SonicOS Enhanced 3.1.0.14-49e) and I guess it has the GAV turned on. (I am not the network admin so this is what I have gotten out of them.)

When we try to ftp to a remote internet site we get connected all fine. LS works fine. but anything with a * fails.

ls b* mget b* nlist b* etc

(there are like 5 b* files I was trying to get that are about 1-2KB each on one of the sites)

I tried this on suse.com, intel.com, my own home server and all fail, not to mention the 3-4 servers that we are trying to get files from for our own producion processing that I can't mention....

I have tried ftp'ing with Solaris, Linux, winxp cmd prompt - all fail.

If we use passive and turn off "epsv4" (on available in linux) the "ls b*" will work but not the mget.

I found an old document that says the Sonicwall firmware Version 3.3.1 (6/17/99) fixes: Problem with FTP transfers of multiple files was fixed. In some cases, MGET requests would cause the connection to be reset.

but that is super old and the network guys blew it off.

Supposedly there are not drops in the logs. Disabling GAV didn't help.

Any ideas to point our network guys to?

Reply to
cade.robinson
Loading thread data ...

fails how? dropped connection, 'file not found'?

Reply to
Jeff B

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.