FortiClient 2.x & DSL at home.

Hi !!

Good Morning.

I wish to use FortiClient 2.x to connect to my office network which has a Fortigate 60.

My office network uses the IP address - 192.168.0.x/24 , 192.168.1.x/24 and 192.168.2.x/24.

I have tested the Forticlient over a dial up PPP connection & it works.

I have a DSL connection at home.

My DSL Service provider provides me with an IP address of 192.168.1.2 when I hook up / connect to the Internet.

I need help in configuring my Forticlient in this scenario.

Also, I would like to know what ports the FortiClient uses, so that I can forward the same on my dsl router.

Awaiting your earliest responses.

Best Regards,

Nilesh Roy | Cell: +91 932 379 8440 | snipped-for-privacy@nileshroy.com

Reply to
nileshroy
Loading thread data ...

IPSec uses Protocol 50 (that's protocol, not TCP port 50... TCP is protocol

6 and UDP is protocol 17) and UDP 500. Your router will have to understand how to forwad IPSec, you can't add it in in most cases by defining ports if it doesn't.

Next read the manuals -- the Forticlient is designed such that the defaults are a very close match to the defaults when you configure a VPN on the Fortigate, so it's not really that hard to configure a basic setup.

If it still doesn't make sense to you, consider engaging somebody to help you out and teach you the ropes.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

192.168.1.2 as an external address? If that's the case, ditch your ISP and get one that gives you a proper external, publicly routeable IP address. E.
Reply to
E.

Eek, didn't notice this before. That's a problem; he can't have his default gateway address in the same subnet as one of his remote subnets.

He needs his ISP to provide him a different subent; a higher 192 or a 172 or a 10.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.