Help! Sygate is making me go crazy

I think this is the computer version of Chinese water torture.

I'm using Sygate personal firewall v.5.6 build 2808. About every 4 minutes it pops up a window with the following message: "An application named NT Kernel and System (file name Ntoskrnl.exe) has been blocked from accessing the network.

I don't have a network! I used to, but I threw out the second computer and only have this one home computer, without a router.

How do I stop this constant harrassement?

Thanks.

Reply to
46erjoe
Loading thread data ...

Not harrassment ... it's about configuration. Look at the applications in the options and simply select "block" for NT kernal. I suspect you have selected "ask".

Since you asked this question, you may want to look at the advanced feature for each allowed application and only select "act as client" at this stage of the configuration.

Finally, only select "allow" for those applications you are 100% certain need to access the Internet. If you are not sure, at least select ask or block. For further guidance ...

formatting link
formatting link
Good luck.

Reply to
Anonymous

Did you remove all of the references to the network or just take the hardware away? If the latter, there is your problem. Jim

Reply to
Jim

I opened up the apps list in sygate and indeed there was a "kernel and system" with a "?". I "X"-ed it out, but that did not solve the problem.

I opened up control panel and under networks I found 2 listings:

1394 connection and local area connection. I disabled the latter, but when I did that I could not connect to the internet. So I re-enabled it.

The problems still remain.

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 22:33:29 GMT, "" wrotF:

Reply to
46erjoe

I'm a newbie at this. How do I do this? Thanks.

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 23:13:59 GMT, "Jim" wrotF:

Reply to
46erjoe

I would suggest you try the following ....

Go to options > general >check "hide notification messages"

Reply to
Anonymous

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.