firefox .debs broadband router?

Short: Where can I get a deb file (for amd64 Ubuntu 12.04) of Firefox, of a version between what I have (freakin' *11*) and what the repositories offer, which I think is 31?

Long: I was pretty up to date on Firefox, up to 29ish. Then synaptic offered me to upgrade to 31. The previous upgrades had generally done good things, like fixing memory leaks or improving performance or adding that useful "Profiler" command. So I upgraded to 31. Different look, slow, I didn't like it. Downgrade, please. The only other version was *11*. All the old bugs are back. Help?

Reply to
Hactar
Loading thread data ...

Here is a deb for version 28.

formatting link

Reply to
Wildman

Thanks. Alas, that's for a different distro, Ubuntu 14.04.

Bah:

See Also

firefox from all distributions firefox_31.0+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1_i386.deb from Ubuntu Updates Main repository firefox_31.0+build1-0ubuntu0.12.04.1_amd64.deb from Ubuntu Updates Main repository firefox_11.0+build1-0ubuntu4_i386.deb from Ubuntu Main repository firefox_11.0+build1-0ubuntu4_amd64.deb from Ubuntu Main repository

11 and 31 are all they have for 12.04.
Reply to
Hactar

Get the "Classic Look Restorer" add/on, customize it, and it will look like its old self. Haven't noticed any major slow downs.

-- HASM

Reply to
HASM

There is a good chance that the package for 14.04 will work. Uninstall the Firefox you have and then open the

14.04 .deb with GDebi. If you don't get any warnings or errors, give it a try. If it don't work right, open the .deb again with GDebi and uninstall.

Maybe a better option would be to install it from the tarball. BTW this does not contain source code. It is the binaries and other files that are part of firefox. To download the tarball, go here:

formatting link

Click on the version you want. Next click your architecture. Then click your language and download the .tar.bz2 file. Extract the file to a dedicated folder of you choice. Set permissions on the file 'firefox' to executable. Run it.

Reply to
Wildman

Excellent, thank you. Having the package structure correct is nice and all, but usability beats it hands down. Question: are versions xxb1, xxb2 etc beta-releases of version xx, or later modifications a, b, c?

Reply to
Hactar

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.