Factory default Nokia IP650

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how to factory default a Nokia IP650 running V3.2.1?

Thanks,

Sam

Reply to
usshopkins
Loading thread data ...

Hm...

formatting link
gives me for example:

formatting link
Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

VB, thanks, but I have the password. I was looking to completely wipe the box of all configuration.

Sam

Reply to
usshopkins

Ah, sorry. AFAIK a Nokia IP650 is a BSD box with a hard disk. So for resetting this thing, just restore your backup.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

rm /config/active

& reboot the system.

greg

Reply to
Greg Hennessy

Not really. It is based on BSD but is specific to Nokia. I have not done this in a few years but as I recall all you need to is delete a configuration file. I believe it is documented in the material shipped with the Nokia. If not, I believe it is outlined in a knowledge based article through nokia support.

Reply to
rick

Not really. It is based on BSD but is specific to Nokia. I have not done this in a few years but as I recall all you need to is delete a configuration file. I believe it is documented in the material shipped with the Nokia. If not, I believe it is outlined in a knowledge based article through nokia support.

Reply to
rick

Nokia itself documents IPSO as a BSD UNIX. Of course, this special distri- bution is by Nokia.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Ok I got it. Go to boot manager and type "INSTALL"

Thanks,

Sam

Reply to
usshopkins

I think 'newsystem' still works?

Reply to
Joshua Reed

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.