Dynamic/Private Ports

Can I close the Dynamic and/or Private Ports (49152 - 65535)? or can these ports be opened?

Reply to
Max
Loading thread data ...

What tool are you wanting to use to close the ports?

A real firewall would not permit use of those ports by default, but you've not provided any information that would permit an answer to your question.

Reply to
Leythos

Thx. I have OutPost Firewall 3.0 Port Explorer shows me opened some ports above 49152 as REMOTE (for instance port 57860, 57862, 57874). Have I any danger from it?

Reply to
Max

Sorry, never used Outpost, can't say for sure.

Reply to
Leythos

In the main interface Outpost should show you a list of open ports and which programs are using them. Perhaps you have some program connecting out to those ports? Otherwise Outpost ought to be blocking anything inbound by default.

Reply to
Kerodo

Outpost by default does not allow those ports from inbound to outbound and vice versa. Thier must be something running on your machine which is connecting web on those ports soe.g.*.exe,*.dll

Check out in task manager their is some weired process running, may be a hacked system application lie srv32.exe is running

CK-NET

Reply to
NETADMIN

OMN. Sincere condolences.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Instead of, Outpost installs a system service which opens windows. And that is a design flaw of Outpost, which breaches security.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.