COMODO's firewall

Hello, All!

Comments?

good/bad/bugs?

Reply to
gufus
Loading thread data ...

I think Comodo Firewall is excellent, having tried and rejected quite a few. It's fine control over inbound (easy) and outbound (harder) behvior is as good as I've seen in a non-hardware firewall. The package includes a pretty good antivirus program and excellent control of local application behavior. You can install the one's you want from the same package.

One of the things I look for in a firewall is whether it will let you block outbound traffic to its own publisher. Most others including ZoneAlarm fail this. Comodo gets it right.

Every serious firewall has its own way of organizing the various options in its interface, so there's always a little up-front time to get used to it. The greater the software's flexibility, the more options there are, and the more there is to learn. For the amount of control Comodo offers, the learning curve is not bad.

I could go on, but you get the point. The price is also excellent: fully functional software for free. No, I have no personal interest in Comodo other than as a pleased user.

Reply to
Nelson

It's one of the better personal software firewalls, and consistently so.

Reply to
G

That's like saying "it's one of the better pieces of crap, and consistently so".

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Couldn't one say that about pretty much any available software package?

Reply to
G

Certainly. But unlike with personal firewalls it wouldn't be true in numerous cases.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Sure one can say that.

I am looking forward to the day when all vulnerabilities in kernels and apps of Linuxes and UNIXes are already solved and I will need not to report them.

( Windows has less patches just because checked less thoroughly and focused just to OS and few other things )

But, as reporter, I like Windows

Reply to
Poutnik

Hello, Nelson!

You wrote on 10 Apr 2010 18:24:03 -0500:

| | I think Comodo Firewall is excellent, having tried and rejected quite | a few. It's fine control over inbound (easy) and outbound (harder)

I Agree! IMHO |

Reply to
gufus

Hello, Poutnik!

You wrote on Sun, 11 Apr 2010 19:40:57 +0200:

| when all vulnerabilities | in kernels and apps of Linuxes and UNIXes | are already solved and I will need not to report them. | | | But, as reporter, I like Windows

Works for me too, for now. :-)

Reply to
gufus

Hello, G!

You wrote on Sun, 11 Apr 2010 11:32:25 +0300:

FL>> Comments? FL>>

FL>> good/bad/bugs? | | It's one of the better personal software firewalls, and consistently so.

Thx, I respect your opinion.

Reply to
gufus

"gufus" escribió en el mensaje news:U77wn.179629$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe22.iad...

Not bad:

formatting link
Saludos,

-- Sr Peabody

Reply to
Sr Peabody

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.