Best free personal FW for Windows 2000?

Is Zone Alarm still the best and if so is it better to use one of the older versions? I seem to find a lot of people complaining about the latest versions.

Reply to
an admin too
Loading thread data ...

Howdy,

I will add that I ran ZA on several machines with very bad results.

Often (and randomly) we could ping from system to system, but could not browse shared files. Re-booting often helped, sometimes not...

Shutting down ZA did not help, but removing ZA cured the problem.

Others love the product, but we had serious trouble...

All the best,

Reply to
Kenneth

Hello again,

With regret, I cannot say with precision as I have un-installed. The DL files bore the numbers 37_202 and

51_033_000 though.

All the best,

Reply to
Kenneth

There is no "the" best. It's a matter of what *you* think/feel is the best. Want a low $ cost one? Than get the latest ZA free. It's quite ok still (provided you get the latest)

Have fun!

Reply to
Leen

Always good to know what we're talking about here.Which version are we talking about here (version and build number)?

Reply to
Leen

Kerio also has a very good firewall. And if you are looking for free IDS, take a look at the free one that Prevx has. Very nice. Can be annoying when doing numerous installs but you'll know that you are doing them.

Good luck.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Lord

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.