Firewall exception list advice

For a while I had a set-up I was happy with (Nod32 and Kerio) but after being disapointed with Nod32's support ditched them for Trend Micro's Internet Security which I thought might be convenient with integrated AV and firewall. Convenient it was, running straight out of the box but the level of control leaves a lot to be desired. To cut a long story short I now have a long firewall exception list (and I can't remember what the original list was like) that I would like to trim to a minimum without messing around by trial and error and wonder if anyone has any suggestions. I run it in "High Security" mode and basically just want to be able to surf, use Hotmail, https and listen to streaming audio, maybe use ftp once in a while. Just in case someone thinks it's relevant I run XP pro and have a cable broadband connection. In fact it would be ok to baseline the system if I only knew how to get the firewall to start re-learning which connections I want to use.

Reply to
dragonseed
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.