Interfacing with submarine fiber

I am tasked with gathering information regarding the equipment that would be required to interface with a submarine fiber connection. My employer is interested in purchasing a circuit to interconnect a number of subscribers to the internet. I would appreciate any insight on this matter.

Thank you.

Reply to
maclan
Loading thread data ...

When you say interface, what do you mean? Is this connection for testing or communications? I really don't think it matters because you should be able to terminate the fiber like most any other fiber optic cable if it's still 9/125 bare fiber.

Chris

Reply to
clabonge

How many subscribers? What services are need for subscribers (Voice, Video and Data?), Do you plan to control both ends/facilities of the fiber link? What transport is wanted/needed -Ethernet preferred? What data rate per subscriber? What's your budget? What type of facility would you connect at- owned or leased? Anyway, these are the questions you'll be asked again and again.

Reply to
case

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.