Packet recorder

I am looking for a packet recorder that supports Gigabit Ethernet (1000BASE-T). This recorder will be used on an IP network.

The Solera Networks DS4500 with 5Gbps capture rate and 16 TB of storage is roughly what I am looking for. However, it's not usually a good idea to stop at the first product you happen upon.

I would like the unit to be 19" rack mount, but that is not a strict requirement. RAID is preferable. Upgradeable is preferable.

This is for a data acquistion system. Therefore, storage space is proportional to recording time.

Any pointers (URLs) to companies making something like this is helpful.

Thanks!

Reply to
Tom D
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

Reply to
Matthias Gruber

Our PacketView Pro product is designed to run on standard off-the-shelf hardware under Windows 2000 or Windows XP. We have done a lot of work to crank up the capture rate for "standard" hardware. I can't say for sure what our maximum capture rate is (of course that depends largely on the processor, memory and NIC adapter/driver), but I've never run across issues where it has been unable to keep up with the packets on a gigabit network.

Feel free to contact me directly if you'd like to discuss details? If you're local to southern New Hampshire (or eastern Massachusetts), I'll even bring in a machine to test the capture on your network if you like?

Patrick ========= For LAN/WAN Protocol Analysis, check out PacketView Pro! ========= Patrick Klos Email: snipped-for-privacy@klos.com Klos Technologies, Inc. Web:

formatting link

Reply to
Patrick Klos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.