Packet Tracer

Hi

Can i share Packet Tracer with my collegues at work, or is it only intended (legaly available) for academy users?

/T

Reply to
Towli
Loading thread data ...

Depends how you mean share?

The EULA states amongst all the other legalese -

"Subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement ... Cisco grants Academy a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable license to distribute (but only in the manner permitted in the following sentence) the Software ... to Academy's students, faculty and alumni solely as required to provide Networking Academy-related instruction" And Cisco "... grants to User a royalty-free, nonexclusive, and nontransferable license to use the Software and Documentation solely to create simulations for use in connection with Cisco Networking Academy."

The key thing to remember that PT is not a commercial network simulator, there's lots it doesn't do, and that is a learning tool that has lots of features that are not at all useful for commercial simulators.

As long as you are a Networking Academy student you can use it for your learning purposes, demonstrate it as a learning tool to others, and perhaps even let them try for themselves - but I would not recommend distributing it in a work place. (Other than in a Networking Academy)

Aubrey

Reply to
Aubrey Adams

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.