wireless g camera recorder?

Probably not the correct NG but WTH, let's give it a try.

A friend called today and was going to purchase a home security camera/system. A cheap one.

I suggested a G wireless camera. He has a broadband line and a computer. If he purchases a motion sensitive, wireless g camera and streams it over the Internet, is there a program that will record the stream, remotely, while the camera is streaming? In other words, we are looking for a device that would record the stream while there is movement and then time out or quit because there is no movement.

Thanks in advance,

Dave H.

Reply to
DH
Loading thread data ...

Axis Video Servers and Cameras have software either embeded in them for motion detection alarm events (such as sending an email) or triggering of recording software.

I belive they now have a free version of software that records 1 camera, and to record multiple IP cameras simotaneously you have to buy it. See

formatting link

Also take a look at Picture History, free software that saves a picture every few seconds from multiple Axis/IP camera devices, see

formatting link
Windows XP also has a powertoy called Webcam Timershot for use with USB webcams, see
formatting link

Reply to
JPElectron

On Mon, 21 May 2007 21:25:25 GMT, "DH"

G-Wiz. Perhaps an 802.11g IP camera?

I can't really guess your requirements, application, or price range. Therefore, I suggest you look at:

and use the search tool to find a suitable wireless or wired IP network camera. With an IP camera, the motion detection is usually in the camera. With ordinary video cameras, it's usually in the DVR software or video server box.

For just the software, search with Google for "security DVR software" and "surveillance software". I'm not very familiar with any specific application and can't offer much help with features and functions.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.