Netgear PE102

I bought two Netgear PE102 for $2 each, not knowing what they did. It seems that they are pretty interesting little boxes, though.

As I understand from the two page manual I find on the web, they bridge ethernet data through up to 1000 feet of phone line.

I do wonder what the phone companies thing when ethernet data comes back at them, though presumably the higher frequencies are attenuated somewhat faster than voice.

Has anyone here every tried these before?

-- glen

Reply to
glen herrmannsfeldt
Loading thread data ...

I assume they don't think anything of it at all. It's noise, it's out of the voice band, and it's heavily attenuated.

Not that model, although I've read accounts from others who have. Personally, I'm using the Netgear XAVB2501, which is sort of the same thing but uses the electrical wiring in the house rather the phone lines. In my case, it works great, giving me about 85 Mbps of steady throughput in each direction.

Reply to
Char Jackson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.