Wireless Question

Hi, Does Cisco have any wireless switch/router or access point solution? I need to connect 5 buildings which are about 200 meters far from here. Thanks-Rob

Reply to
Rob
Loading thread data ...

have you tried looking at

formatting link

Reply to
Brad

Hi Rob,

You may wish to investigate the 5 Steps to Creating a Wireless Network:

formatting link
as well as the Certified Product Listing:

formatting link
"Wireless" of the Cisco Product Advisor:

formatting link
and finally the "Mobility" section of Cisco's Solution Designer:

formatting link
Furthermore, Cisco ConfigMaker Software may be helpful:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com=AE Cisco Resource Center Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272=20 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom

Guys

Does anyone know of any freeware/shareware wireless auditing tools out there for Windows. I've taken on a project of attempting to locate existing hotspots for a customer and their TS team have very knowledge of the physical locations of the equipment which is all located in ceiling voids

Steve

Reply to
Steve Ray

Not much in the way of free stuff, depends on whether or not you use Windows or Linux. The only one I know if is Netstumbler, only really good for finding Wireless AP's and a bit of information about said AP Otherwise just Google Free Wireless Tools this will give you some good results

Hope that helps

Reply to
Scooty

It's not free but seems like good value hardware.

formatting link
Reports in alt.internet.wireless

Reply to
Bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.