Wireless: Cisco + Airwave

We currently have a large number of Cisco "Fat" APs. I am looking at getting the Airwave AMP to manage and monitor my configs. We have plans in the future (about 12 months) to move to the Cisco LWAPP model. I am a bit nervous that I will not be able to use the Airwave product once I make that move and am a little nervous about losing my investmen on the AMPt. More specifically I plan to purchase the Cisco Cat Blade (WiSM) run my LWAPP. Has anyone made that move yet that can speak to the usefullness of the AMP once moving to a LWAPP design.

TIA Barry

Reply to
BG
Loading thread data ...

Barry,

Check this document:

formatting link
It looks like they have or will have a some kind of a way to work with a Cisco LWAPP through AireSpace products. But from another hand, if you will convert your "fat" APs to LWAPP, why not to force this instead of investing to the AirWave? Cisco has similar product - Cisco Wireless Control System (WSC). And with the Wireless Location Awareness you can do even more.

Good luck,

Mike

formatting link

Reply to
CiscoHeadsetAdapter.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.