Why doesn't anyone respond to query?

Hello Gurus,

I am a networking newbie, working on a project to upgrade the current VPN gateway in my company. Here's the scenario: I have a VPN gateway at a remote site which I would call as C. There are two VPN gatewy's A and B at my current site. B is the main gateway and A is a backup in case B fails. I have setup Site-to-Site Tunnels on all these gatewyas with appropriate security associations. I am using the IPSEc security profile. C has tunnels to both A and B.B tunnel has metric 0 and A has metric on

1. B has a tunnel to C and knows that its failover option is A. I have tested the tunnels manually and they seem to work fine. My question to you guys, Currenlty I setup a static route on the core at the current site to route all traffic to C through VPN gateway B. In

case of B failing, I will have to manually change this route to go through VPN A. Is there a way by which I could automate this routing change? I am using Shiva 3115 VPN gateways and they have an option to configure

OSPF. Do I need to setup dynamic routing on the VPN gateways or on the main core?And how?

Thank you in advance. Ankit

Reply to
apsolar
Loading thread data ...

The Shiva documentation is available via

formatting link
. In particular [eicon owns Shiva],
formatting link
Eicon offers technical support contracts for Shiva products:

formatting link

I checked the Eicon press releases, and it doesn't appear to me that Eicon has been bought by Cisco (or vice versus.)

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.